Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Friday, April 4, 2008

Product Review: Algemarin Dry Shampoo Spray

.

Dilemma: Us ladies know better than to wash our hair every single day to avoid drying our hair out and stripping it of its natural oils. Or how about those of you who play sports, go to the gym, or maybe you've been in a hospital days or weeks at at time, out of surgery and can't really shower?

Answer: Algemarin Dry Shampoo from Germany!



Product: 4 out of 5
Packaging: 5 out of 5
Overall: 5 out of 5
Amazon.com and Drugstore.com: $9-$10

What it is: It's a DRY shampoo spray that sprays a white powder onto your hair, penetrating it and absorbing dirt and oil(doesn't make everything white like baby powder, once wiped off there are no traces of white). It helps you clean your hair WITHOUT water, and leaves a really fresh scent.

What the site says: An easy-to-use formula that is perfect for frequent use to clean hair without water. Ideal for people in a hurry, or anyone who cannot shower but still desires a thorough hair cleaning. So how does it work? When sprayed directly onto hair, Algemarin penetrates the hair absorbing dirt and hair products. When brushed out, Algemarin takes all these impurities with it, and you are left with soft, clean hair. All without even having to hop in the shower! This product is an Algemarin fan-favorite.

My experience:
To test this out, I didn't wash my hair for about 3 days (yes I felt gross), I took a shower but wore a shower cap to see how well it absorbs oil and makes my hair "look and feel" clean. I sprayed a bit on my hair, realizing I probably didn't even need that much, but I figure it would absorb enough oil...I then wiped it OFF with a dry towel and was shocked and happy how the white powder literally just 'fell off' and came off my hair, there was no white residue, nothing! It really made my hair look cleaner and gosh the smell is amazing! It's great for in-between hair washings!

PROS: Really great for in-between hair washings, after the gym, or when you are in a hurry. Smells great, really does the job of absorbing oil and made my hair look fresh and not oily.

CONS:
White powder may not be ideal for everyone, can get messy, but doesn't stain or leave any residue. Amazon customers complained about the spray nozzle stopping or clogging, but I personally have not experienced this yet.

Overall: I personally loved it and it helps a lot! I used to use Avon's Hair Extender which did NOTHING for me, although it too smelled nice.



Look mom, I am an old lady!


Wipe it off with a towel, you can make "zigzag" motions with the towel to ensure you get all the powder off...need to get my roots done! LOL


Fresh clean, great-smelling hair!

21 comments

priincesspeach said...

OMgosh! That's amazing! Dunno when I'll ever use it tho. Maybe when the earth is so polluted where the water is too gross and disgusting to use. ^_^

SFxSP said...

Nessa, thanks for sharing your review! I've been looking for something just like this. I hate having to wash my hair everyday but, I hate the oily feeling after two days. I can't wait to try this out!

mayaari said...

how weird is it that I just saw this review, and I've been looking at dry shampoos online all afternoon???

I'm going to have to recommend this post to my friend, who was the one who asked about dry shampoos!

ilurvemakeup said...

Now I know what you'll look like when you get old with white hair... still sexy hehe :D That is weird.

Tracy Roa said...

i end up washing my hair every day anway b/c it ends up getting all oily. bleh. i never even realized there were products like this out there. haha. i'm learning so much from you! :D this looks like a really great product. thanks for the review!

Anonymous said...

This is so great - especially for girls with extensions, too! I try to work out every day but with having long extensions and then trying to shower it makes it such a hassle when it comes to keeping my hair clean...and baby powder isn't really cleaning it, just a cover up.

Thanks for posting this...I can't wait to try it.

Anonymous said...

I'd love to do your hair if I were in your area, but I'm stuck all the way in this itty bitty city back in Texas =( Boo! That sounds like a good dry shampoo! I use the dry shampoo from Oscar Blandi. Have you tried that before? It works pretty well. I like it a lot! It smells lemony fresh! Also, do you have any idea why it's hard for me to comment you or click on the links on your page? I never had a problem before, but when I try to comment you or click on your links, I can't click on them at all! It's weird cause I don't have a problem clicking on anyone else's page. I can comment right now, because I clicked on your comment link RIGHT away. But if I wait for your page to load, it won't let me click anything!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this. didn't even know this product existed. I am definitely going to be purchasing this!

Anonymous said...

It might just be me having a problem with your site. I'm not sure. I went on other sites and I could click the links but not yours. I have to hurry up and click your comment link or it won't work. I don't know why it's doing that. It had been working for me before except for yesterday and today! I don't live far from Houston. I live about 2 or so hours away from there! I don't get to do hair much anymore. Since I went back to school my mom rented my station to other people. Well, the two stations that she had! So I had to send my clients else where! I miss making money so much. I don't work at all, cause my parents want me to focus on college and my fiance takes care of me. Hehe..so I just spend his checks on MAC and whatever else. Lol. If you need any hair tips you can ask me, though! I'll try your site later on and tomorrow to see if I can click your links.

Shizznizzle said...

WoW !!! you always convinced me to get out and buy stuffs LOL I've been wanting to try dry shampoo but Oscar Blandi is kinda pricey... Definitely will look into this one. Thanx

♡ Nic Nic ♡ said...

i wish dry shampoos were more available here! >_< great review :)

Christiana Divine @ Memoirs of A Shopping Addict said...

whoa! that's trippy! haha. :) very cool. :D

AskMeWhats said...

wow i got nervous when I saw your white haired look and i was thinking you wouldn't manage to rub it off! WOW that's an amazing dry shampoo!

Anonymous said...

I HAVE to get that now. It'll save my hair from a lot of beating from the hot shower water...

Btw, I'm having trouble clicking on ANY link on your page on my IE browser. No prob with Firefox.

nai nai said...

o gosh this sounds like EXACTLY WHAT I NEED! my hair oils up like theres no tomorrow! three or four hours after my shower, its already oily! im going to give this a try, but i would prefer one that is not white, since i would most likely use it on the go and miss some spots when wiping it off. i have been lemming the advanced techniques one, but i'll have to try this first before trying that one. thanks for the info!

♡ Nic Nic ♡ said...

you've just inspired me buy some for myself!! i manage to find somewhere that sell dry shampoo! YAY! :D

alien man?! said...

i've heard about dry shampoo but always assumed it'd be too expensive. thanks for reviewing this one, nessa! i'm totally wanting it :D

Unknown said...

What is the ingredients?

Vanessa said...

It's on drugstore.com, Butane, Oryza Sativa, Alcohol Denat., Quaternium 26, Parfum, Geraniol, Hydroxyisohexyl, 3 Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Hexyl Cinnamal, Butylphenol Methylpropional, Linalool

Krupesh said...

Thanks. This is precisely what I was looking for. I have tried several other dry shampoo products including Klorane, Bumble & Bumble etc. but was not satisfied. I think I will try this one. By the way some more reviews on this product available here as well - http://www.shampoocentral.com/algemarin-dry-shampoo

Unknown said...

excellent products :h: .. I enjoy this brand of products as they are cheap and very good .. mainly hair care and the thyroid t4 hormone
:k:

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter