Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Video & Pink and Purple FOTD

.



Jess requested a tutorial on how I apply my blush for a more natural and softer look, so I did a quick video on it since it's probably easier to get my point across instead of pictures. ***For reference, I am not a fan of doing videos, I get too nervous and end up sounding like a complete putz, LOL. So be easy on me haha. And yes that is an Island Pacific box behind me that my grandma gave me to help me pack some stuff (as the BF and I are preparing to get our own digs so im starting to pack up the junk I am not using now). It's just hilarious it's there in the background, gotta love grandma. :)

I will be posting all my videos on Vimeo from now on simply because the quality of the video is phenomenal, and there are zero haters on Vimeo which I love. It's $60 bucks a year for the premium service which is well worth it to me if that means cutting out the immature people and the many content-stealing on YouTube and having awesome quality videos. I may still add it also on YouTube for my subscribers, but for now I will be posting on Vimeo solely.

Also, for those of you who asked about the Cosme Land store, it looks like it is Ohayo minus most of the houseware stuff, so it's mostly and mainly beauty products that were in Ohayo, including the beloved Mandom makeup remover! :)

Here are a few "work-friendly" pics to illustrate the tutorial, I also used the stippling brush from PurelyCosmetics.com:






And this is just another pink & purple FOTD, I have done a very similar look before but I made it more vibrant by using MakeUp For Ever's bright pink eyeshadow #9 and MAC lipstick in "Lavender Whip".











What I used:

[Face]

- Purely Cosmetics Oil Absorb Powder & Silk Primer Powder (review coming soon!)
- MAC Studio Sculpt Concealer in NC30
- Purely Cosmetics Mineral Foundation in "Olive Beige"

[Cheeks}
- NYX Blush in "Pinky"

[Eyes]
- MAC paint pot in "Girl Friendly" as base
- MAC e/s in "Romping"(on top of PP)
- MUFE e/s #9 (over romping)
- MAC e/s in "Nocturnelle" and "Satellite Dreams" on outer-V and contour
- MAC e/s in "Shadowy Lady" on outer-v
- MAC e/s in "Ricepaper" as highlight
- MAC Fluidline in "Blacktrack"
- Ardell falsies (forgot the #)
- L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara
- Urban Decay eye pencil in "Lust" on lower lashline

[Lips]
- MAC l/s in "Lavender Whip"
- MAC Dazzleglass in "Funtabulous"

28 comments

Jo said...

your make up is always so flawless vanessa! and i'm glad you'll be posting more videos up in the future :)

Sophie said...

You look so pretty! I love your nails :)

Iyah Love said...

You are sooo good at blending! & Lavender whip looks absolutely gorgeous on you! :h: sooo pretty! <3

Are you going to IMATS? I wish I can get a PRo card there.. I heard something like that happend before like they didnt need documentations or something,..

Iyah Love said...

Yay!! I hope they will do it again this year. I would be the happiest!! hahah! I cannot wait for the POW WOW Tres :p

GurlOnA"Diet" said...

omg you're so gorgeous! i'm just getting the hang of applying blush- i don't wear it often ><

Shen said...

i agree. Your blush application looks so natural.. :) love it! will it keep it your pointers. :)

Unknown said...

you were great in the video! i dont know why you dont like doing them! and LOVE the eye makeup its super pretty!

MakeupByRenRen said...

so pretty sis!

Anonymous said...

oohh I love your nails! May I know what colour is that? I'm guessing its China Glaze X)

FAB_Ladee said...

adorable look...where did u get that stippling brush???

Vanessa said...

Hi Linni! It IS China Glaze (love it!), it's the color "Coconut Kiss". :)

Fab_Ladee- I got the stippling brush from the awesome Robyn over at PurelyCosmetics.com

Jerah197 said...

pinks and purple look amazing on you hun!! keep it up :)

GS said...

You have such a nice voice!

Jéssy said...

I love your makeup! You do amazing combinations! And his skin is very uniform

Like much of their enamel and lipgloss <3 haha

purelycosmetics the brushes are really good! .. our prada's are very bad .. = /
What brand of brushes are your favorite vanessa?

Anonymous said...

the blush looked so pink in the pan but so nice on you!!

Miss Yaya said...

love the colors!

FuN and MakeUp said...

nessa!! finally!! i been waitin for this! thank you soo much!! and no u do not sound weird or nervouse when u talk! its actually adorable.. ur good at it =) now let me see if i can try to do this... i see that u tap a bit.. no wonder! i dab that in so much and i throw it on my face! i should be gentle next time... Hahaha hopefully itll work out for me... love the EOTD toooo gorgeous purple & pink! XOXO

izumi said...

you vids are great, i don't know what you're talking about :) i've totally been applying blush to my entire cheek (but it's a very subtle peach.... aahh! no justifications) time to change that up. thanks for the tips!

Unknown said...

Your video is awesome! I should use a stippling brush more often to apply my blush than to use a regular blush brush. I'm definately going to get the 109 and the 187 brushes from MAC.

Celia said...

Your lips are awesome.
Wish I had gotten lavender whip while it was still available.

Emeria said...

i looove vimeo..too bad you're limited to only 500 mb if you don't get the premium..i think once i have the funds i'll subscribe.. thats why i have to use youtube..not a huge fan though for obvious reasons..what video editing program do you use?

you look absolutely gorgeous by the way!!! i usually use a stippling with cream blushes..i'm gunna try your method out even with regular blush..it looks super natural

Robyn @ Purely Cosmetics said...

I don't know why you don't like doing vids - I'd be stuttering and umming all through it!

Just a side note on the stippler brush - you can also use it to dot on your blush for an airbrushed look. This is my absolute favorite brush for applying blush (this, coming from a Certified Brush Whore) because it's so easy to use. I call it my "blush brush for retards" (no offense intended to anyone; I'm the retard) :)

Lovevashares said...

LOVE IT! :D and YUP, GOTTA LOVE THE GRAMS :P

Sofia said...

every look is better than the last...u do a great great job :D

Mona said...

the colors are so vibrant and pretty! love it!

Meya Cruz said...

love the makeup!

KittyMeow said...

Vimeo is awesome isn't it? So crystal clear. Looooove the pink and purple too :-)

♡ Nic Nic ♡ said...

I always use my stippling brush to apply blush too :D

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter